One of our favourites, @ChezChanelle puts an elegant European spin on a summertime classic. European Wieners, loaded with pickly sauerkraut and herbed ranch slaw on top of flavourful focaccia bread.
- 1 Pkg. Grimm’s European Wieners
- 1 loaf Focaccia bread (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp fresh summer herbs, chopped (1 tbsp chopped fresh dill, 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives)
- 1 bag of chopped cabbage and carrot mix (about 6 cups)
- Grainy Dijon mustard
- Pickled red onion
- Banana peppers
- Start by making the Ranch Slaw so that it can chill for as long as possible (or makeup to 8 hours ahead of time and keep it chilled). Combine all the ingredients except the cabbage and whisk until well combined. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add dressing mixture to chopped cabbage and mix until well combined. Cover and chill until ready to eat (I recommend chilling for 1-2 hours if you can).
- Preheat a BBQ or Grill pan to medium heat. Slice one loaf of focaccia into 4-6 rectangles depending on the size of your loaf (should be about 5-6 inches long and 3 inches wide). Brush each side with olive oil.
- Add the wieners to preheated grill and cook until nicely charred (about 10 minutes). At the 5 minute mark, add the oiled focaccia to the grill (bottom down) and grill for about 5 minutes, until toasted.
- Place the wiener on the focaccia (bottom side up) and dress your wiener with your favourite toppings, shown here with Grainy dijon, pickled red onion, sauerkraut, and pickled banana peppers.
- Serve with a side of chilled Ranch Slaw (or if you’re feeling adventurous, load up your link even more and put it right on top!). Enjoy!