Experience all the flavours of fall with this Oktoberfest-themed, Gluten-Free Bratwurst Wrap brought to us by Jen Shrubsole of @naturally.nu. The delicious blend of Grimm’s Bratwurst Sausage, caramelized onion, and sauerkraut will have you reaching for your Lederhosen! You might want to pair it with a Krombacher Pils to channel all the German vibes.
- yellow onion
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp brown sugar
- Grimm’s Bratwurst Sausage, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- Gala apple
- Grimm’s Gluten-Free Brown Rice Tortillas
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Using a mandoline, thinly slice the yellow onion.
- Pour oil into a medium saucepan. Add onions to the saucepan and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat or until onions are soft.
- Add vinegar and brown sugar to onions and cook for another 8 minutes. Set aside.
- While onions are cooking, add sausages to a separate medium saucepan. Cook the sausages until the meat is no longer pink or about 5 minutes.
- Push the sausage to the edge of the saucepan once cooked. Slice apples thinly using a mandoline and add to the same saucepan as the sausage. Heat for about 2 to 3 minutes, until apple slices soften.
- Combine caramelized onions, sausage, and apples in the same saucepan. Stir together.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm your tortilla for about 15 seconds per side. Do not skip this step. It’s important to help avoid the tortilla from cracking.
- Assemble the wrap: add arugula, brown rice, sauerkraut, mustard, caramelized onion, apple slice and sausage.
Serve immediately and enjoy.