Grilled Chorizo with Mexican Street Corn Cakes.
BBQ’d corn is such a summer staple. These Mexican Street Corn Cakes are so easy to make and pair wonderfully with the flavours of our Chorizo Sausage.
- 1 pkg Grimm’s Chorizo Sausage
- ½ cup Grimm’s Feta Cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise 3 tbsp sour cream
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp, plus
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp, plus ½ tsp tajin chili powder
- ¼ tsp, plus ½ tsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp cayenne (optional)
- 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 4 ears corn
- 4 tsp, plus 3 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 tsp sugar
- zest of ½ lime
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat grill with a griddle or cast iron pan.
- In a medium bowl, prepare the Mexican crema by combing the feta cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, black pepper, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp chili powder, ¼ tsp lime juice, cayenne, and cilantro, and set aside.
- Lightly dress corn with 4 tsp oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place corn on the hottest part of the grill and char the outside until tender, then remove from the grill.
- Slice the corn off the cobbs, yielding about 3 cups. In a medium bowl, toss in the corn, diced red onion, sugar, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp chili powder, ½ tsp lime juice, lime zest, and salt and pepper. When the corn is no longer hot, add in eggs, flour, cornmeal, and baking powder and mix.
- Grill the chorizo sausage. Place 3 tbsp of oil on the griddle. Scoop a ¼ cup of the corn cake mixture onto the griddle and flatten slightly. Cook it for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. Once cooked, remove cakes and chorizo sausage from the grill.
- Spread corn cakes on a plate, spoon over the Mexican crema, and serve with the hot chorizo sausage.