- 2 Grimm’s Old Fashioned Ham Steak, diced small
- 1 cup Grimm’s Old Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced small
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup, coconut oil, melted
- black pepper
- optional: chopped green onions, parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add diced Grimm’s Old Fashioned Ham Steak and onions and heat until sausage is brown and onions are caramelized, stirring occasionally.
- Grease muffin pan with coconut oil and lightly flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together milk melted coconut oil and egg.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk.
- Pour sausage, onion, and cheddar into the batter and stir for even distribution, be careful to not over–mix.
- Add a sprinkle of coarse ground pepper if desired.
- Divide the batter over the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (or until the tops are slightly golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Optional: Serve warm alongside butter or sour cream