Fresh grilled fish encrusted in a flavourful blend of our Original Pepperoni, herbs, and panko.
- 4 halibut portions (142 g each)
- 1/4 cup Grimm’s Original Pepperoni, roughly chopped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1 bunch tri-coloured carrots
- 1 bunch red radishes
- 1 cup pea shoots
- 1 cup mizuna greens
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill. Mix together lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Put lemon vinaigrette aside for later.
- In a food processor place the roughly chopped pepperoni and pulse to pea-sized pieces. Add the panko on top of the pepperoni, followed by the butter and pulse until it combines. Add parsley and lightly pulse to incorporate the parsley and speckle the mixture. Lay parchment paper on the countertop, place the pepperoni mixture on the parchment, then top with another sheet of parchment. Use a rolling pin to flatten it to a 1/4 inch thickness. Place in freezer to set.
- Using a mandolin, or vegetable peeler, slice the carrots and radishes lengthwise. Put them into ice water to stay cold and to curl a little. Now remove the butter from the freezer and cut into planks to fit the top of the halibut.
- Turn off one side of the hot grill and put the halibut on that side to cook with indirect heat. Put the pepperoni crust on top of the halibut and close the grill lid. Let cook for about 10-12 minutes, until the halibut is just warmed through.
- Drain the shaved carrots and radishes and toss with the pea shoots and mizuna greens. Drizzle the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Serve the salad with the crusted halibut and enjoy.