- 6 Grimm’s Sizzlin’ Jalapeño & Mozzarella Smokies, cut into 6 pieces each
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large orange pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- lime wedges, chopped cilantro, and minced jalapeños, for garnish
- 1/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 tsp soy sauce (gluten-free, if you eat a gluten-free diet)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- a pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your BBQ to medium high heat. Place 8 wooden skewers on a rimmed plate or baking sheet and cover them with water.
- Cut up the smokies and the veggies then skewer them onto the soaked skewers. Start with a piece of a smokie, next add red pepper, orange pepper then 2 onions slices. Repeat 3 times then end with a smokie.
- Drizzle the kebabs with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and some fresh cracked pepper.
- Grill the kebabs on the BBQ for 10 minutes, turning a few times, until there are nice char marks on the veggies and the smokies have heated through. Remove the kebabs from the heat, squeeze over some lime juice, sprinkle with some cilantro and chopped jalapeños, and serve with the sauce on the side for dipping.
- Prepare the aioli while the kebabs are cooking. Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and mix together well.
If you’re making these for a crowd you can skewer the kebabs up to a day in advance. Keep them covered in your fridge until you are ready to grill them.