Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Sizzlin’ Cheddar with Bacon Smokies.
This Mexican inspired recipe is the perfect mix of spicy and creamy. Serve without the Tortillas for a delicious low carb option.
- 1 cup Grimm’s Sizzlin’ Cheddar with Bacon Smokies, diced small
- 4 poblano peppers
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp red onion, minced
- 1 ½ tbsp tajin chili powder
- 1 ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 8 dashes tabasco sauce
- 1 cup Grimm’s Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ tbsp jalapeño peppers, minced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 cup jicama, julienned
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Grimm’s Cheese Tortillas
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat grill.
2. In a large bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese, sour cream, diced Bavarian smokies, cilantro, red onion, chili powder, garlic powder, tabasco, cheddar cheese, jalapeño, and lime juice.
3. Once thoroughly mixed, fold in the jicama and breadcrumbs.
4. Make a slit down the length of each poblano pepper. Remove what seeds you can, but make sure not to rip open the pepper.
5. Stuff the poblano peppers with the cheese mixture and wrap in aluminum foil.
6. Place aluminum foil packages on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on all four sides, until the pepper is tender and the mixture inside is warm. Lightly grill tortillas until warm.
7. Serve stuffed peppers with grilled tortillas, and salt and pepper to taste.