🧧What Lunar New Year festivities do you enjoy most? We love a good feast with friends and family. Add this crowd favourite Chinese Sticky Rice 糯米飯 by @instanomss to your CNY menu. This delicious recipe comes together quickly in the rice cooker with minimal effort! 🐰How are you celebrating the Year of the Rabbit?
For an untraditional yet equally delicious take, she used @grimmsfoods Lean Turkey Mini Peps and Thick Sliced Centre Cut Bacon (no sugar added) instead of Chinese cured sausage and ham.
What you’ll need
- 300g Gluttonous Rice
- 2 Strips of GRIMMS Thick Sliced Centre Cut Bacon, diced
- 2 Sticks of GRIMMS Lean Turkey Mini Peps
- 2 Chinese Mushrooms, dice
- 50g Dried Shrimp
- 50g Finely Chopped Green Onions
- 50g Fresh Cilantro, rough chop for garnish
- 20g Roasted Peanuts, garnish
- 1 Egg, whisked and pan-fried, garnish
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
Sticky Rice Marinate Water
- 225g Drinking Water
- 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk egg and pan fry until fully cooked. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Add bacon, pepperoni sticks, and dried shrimp to the wok and stir fry on low-medium heat.
- Add Chinese Mushrooms, and turn to medium heat. Once you smell it aromatic, remove it and set it aside.
- Alternatively, fold a small aluminum tin foil bowl and air fry bacon and pepperoni sticks at 400F for 5 mins.
- Wash and rinse the glutinous rice. Drain well.
- Add water, light soy sauce, dark soy, and oyster sauce in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well until combined.
- Add previously stir-fried/air-fried meats onto the washed sticky rice. Mix well.
- Allow the rice to absorb the flavours and oil of the meats.
- Add the marinated water to the sticky rice. Evenly coated.
- Place in a rice cooker and set to rice mode. Or steam in a wok with boiling water on the stovetop for 40 mins.
- Garnish with cooked egg slices, roasted peanuts and finely chopped green onions.
Serve and enjoy 🤩