In charge of bringing a side to your holiday dinner? This Andouille Sausage Wild Rice by hereforthefoodie is bursting with southern flavours and pops of holiday colour from the red and green peppers.
- 1 pkg Grimm’s Andouille Sausage (casings removed)
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 cups bone broth
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 4-5 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the casings from Andouille Sausage and chop.
- Chop garlic, onions. peppers, and mushroom.
- In a large pan heated over low medium heat, add garlic, onions, peppers, and mushrooms browning until fragrant and slightly softened.
- Add chopped Andouille Sausage to the mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add bone broth, wild rice and tomatoes, simmer for 10-15 minutes on low heat until rice is tender. Serve.