Want eggs and bacon during the week but don’t have the time? These Grimm’s Bacon Egg Bites by Chanelle Saks, @ChezChanelle, are a breakfast game-changer! Make them ahead so you can grab and go throughout the week! And best of all, these babies are actually “SOUS VIDE” with no fancy equipment besides an oven, a pan, some water, a blender, and a muffin tray (silicone is what Chanelle recommends).
Note from Chanelle: If you’ve ever made a cheesecake, this technique is similar in that we’re creating a steamy environment in the oven to “sous vide” them and have them stay fluffy (even days later!) Creating a steamy environment is easy — simply preheat the oven with a pan of water inside. I also add an inch of water to the pan I place the silicone muffin tray on. Since these silicone muffin trays are quite flimsy, you’ll need to place them on a pan or in a standard steel muffin tray.
- 6 slices of Grimm’s Traditional Thick Sliced Bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- 12 eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 2/3 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook the Grimm’s Traditional Thick Sliced Bacon, flipping 1-2 times, until crispy. Place on a paper towel to absorb the grease then chop into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Fill up an oven-safe baking dish (such as a brownie pan or pyrex glass dish) with water and place in the oven. Preheat the oven to 300 F (with the water dish in it).
- In a blender, add the eggs, shredded cheese, cottage cheese, chives, salt, and pepper. Blend for about 15 seconds until just blended. Add the bacon bits and using a spoon, mix until well combined.
- Add approximately an inch of water to an oven-safe pan followed by the silicone muffin mold. Pour the bacon-egg mixture into a silicone muffin mold.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook until completely set about 30-32 minutes. Allow to cool before removing. Pop them out and enjoy some now and save the rest for a week of breakfasts!