It’s Game Day! And that means finger foods are the talk of the town – just make sure you make enough to share!
These Game Day Sausage Tacos are the perfect snack to whip out at your Game Day Get Together – this recipe is courtesy of the talented Michael Varga (@Vargacooks).
- 1 Grimm’s Polish Sausage Ring
- 4”or 6” flour tortilla ( can use corn )
- 1 cup shaved purple cabbage
- Pickled red onion
- Pickled jalapeño
- Feta or cojita cheese
- Fresh lime
- Chipotle sour cream ( or regular )
- 1 cup diced Pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- Cilantro to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Slice the Polish Sausage into rings and sauté with a little bit of oil until they are cooked through with a little bit of crispness around the edges.
- Shave the cabbage thinly, then add a squeeze of lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- To make the salsa, simply combine the ingredients! You can make this an hour before and refrigerate to let the flavours develop.
- Add 2 cups of water & 1 cup of red wine vinegar into a small pot. Bring to a boil and dissolve 2 tablespoons each of kosher salt and sugar. Once it’s all incorporated, pour this mixture over the pickled red onion and jalapeño in a hot liquid safe container. At least 1 hour before serving.
- Build the taco, use your favourite sauces, & enjoy!