These bacon-wrapped smokies are everything you didn’t know you needed this summer! They are decadent, rich, and exploding with flavour. Enjoy oozing cheddar bursting from the Sizzlin’ Smokies and a crisp, thick outer layer of bacon; it’s sure to impress the adult palette and give your kids a flavour experience! The jalapeño is the secret ingredient. Seeding and roasting the pepper on the grill creates a milder heat. In turn, the jalapeño heat helps cut through the richness of the bacon and cheese. It’s a match made perfectly for the grill!
- 1 Pack Grimm’s Cheddar Sizzlin’ Smokies
- ½ Pack Grimm’s Thick Sliced, Centre Cut Bacon – either Traditional or Raised without the use of Antibiotics
- 2 large Jalapeños
- ½ dozen Smokie buns
- 12 toothpicks
- Seed jalapeños and slice into ½ inch julienne strips.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- To wrap the smokie, place it on a plate with jalapeno strips beside it. Take your bacon and
wrap it around the smokie and the jalapeños.
- Secure both ends of the bacon to the smokie with a toothpick so that it stays intact while
- Transfer to the grill with tongs. Grill for about 6-8 minutes a side, turning three times. Cook
low and slow so the bacon cooks through and becomes crispy.