Our spin on a traditional British meal, comfort food at it’s best. Our British Banger Sausages smothered in onion and mushroom gravy on top of fluffy mashed potatoes.
- 1 pkg of Grimm’s British Banger Sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 2-3 large potatoes (for your favourite mashed potatoes recipe)
- Make your favourite mashed potatoes recipe.
You can also substitute with cauliflower mash or sweet potatoes.
British Banger Sausage:
- On medium heat, warm 1 tbsp olive oil and cook sausages until they are lightly crisp and golden brown on the outside.
Mushroom and Onion Gravy:
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, caramelize onion and mushrooms in olive oil & butter. Stir frequently, until browned (about 10 minutes). Add flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in water, beef broth, Worcestershire, soy sauce, pepper and reduce, scraping up brown bits until gravy is thickened (about 8 to 10 minutes). Add additional Worcestershire or Soy sauce to taste.
- To finish, toss in a cup of fresh or thawed frozen peas and serve over the sausages and mashed potatoes.