Ingredients for Ham
- 1 Grimm’s Festive Ham
- 5-6 stalks celery, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 5-6 medium carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces pieces
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 cups of water (or more)
- 250 ml orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup of bourbon whisky
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp tamari soy sauce (or regular soy sauce)
- a few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Let the ham rest at room temperature for at least 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place vegetables in the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Score top of ham into 1 inch diamond patterns.
- Place the ham on rack in the roasting pan over the vegetables.
- Add water to the pan to cover the vegetables.
- Place a lid over ham or cover with a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Place the pan on the bottom third of the oven and roast until the centre of the ham is lukewarm (approx. 2 hours, depending on size. Overall cooking time should take about 15 minutes per pound).
- In the meantime, combine the ingredients for the glaze in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk constantly over medium low heat and cook until the mixture becomes syrupy, about 20 minutes. Do not leave the stove as the sweet mixture can easily boil and overflow. Remove from heat.
- When the centre of the ham is lukewarm, take the ham out of the oven and baste with juice from the bottom of the pan. Put back in the oven, uncovered, for another 20 minutes.
- Brush the marmalade mixture evenly over the ham, every 10 minutes for the remaining cooking time (approx. 40 minutes).
- Take the ham out of the oven and let rest for 15 minutes. Carve and serve immediately.