With rich homemade bread, creamy Manchego cheese and our flavourful Chorizo Sausage, this impressive breakfast wreath is a showstopper for breakfast or brunch.
1 cup 2% milk, warmed
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 pkg active dry yeast (8 g)
3 cups, plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 egg yolks
3 tbsp olive oil
2 pkgs Grimm’s Chorizo Sausage, casing removed
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 cups Manchego cheese, grated
- Combine warm milk, sugar, and yeast. Let stand for about 10 minutes or until foamy. Mix in flour and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine flour mixture, butter, and egg yolks until a shaggy dough starts to form. The dough will be soft (if too sticky, add up to 2 tbsp extra flour as needed). Transfer to lightly floured work surface, then knead for 8 to 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise for 60 to 90 minutes or until doubled in volume.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet set over medium heat and cook chorizo and rosemary for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Let cool completely. Stir in parsley.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line rimless cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Lightly beat together egg and 1 tbsp water.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface into 17 x 11 inch rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick. Scatter Manchego cheese and chorizo over the top, leaving 1/2 inch border. Starting from the long end, roll up tightly into a log. Pinch ends of the log and seal together to form a ring. Transfer to cookie sheet.
- Without cutting all the way through and keeping ring intact, make 12 cuts into the ring at 1 inch intervals, starting from the outer edge. Gently pull and twist cut pieces to reveal pinwheel filling.
- Cover dough and let stand for 45 to 60 minutes or until doubled in size. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.