What’s a more classic Game Day snack than sliders? We teamed up with Michael Varga (@vargacooks) to make the ultimate Game Day Sliders, but with a twist; they’re made with Kolbassa Sausage!
- 1 Grimm’s Kolbassa Sausage
- Slider buns
- 4 medium yellow onions
- 4 mixed peppers
- 2 jalapeño (optional for a kick)
- Jalapeño cheese sauce or smoked cheddar (if you love cheese, add both!)
- 2 tbsp of butter and flour
- 1/2 jalapeño diced with seeds taken out
- 1 cup milk
- 1.5 – 2 cups of your favourite shredded cheese (old cheddar would be great)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice and sauté the peppers and onions in a pan with a little oil and a pad of butter. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Cook the onions & peppers until soft (approximately 10-12 minutes).
- Add in the Kolbassa Sausage and smoked cheddar. Continue to cook until the sausage is cooked through and the cheese is melted (approximately 5 minutes).
- Slightly toast the buns.
- Build the sliders and drizzle with cheese sauce.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan on medium heat with the diced jalapeño until the butter is melted and jalapeño is slightly cooked.
- Add in flour and mix until it forms a smooth paste.
- Stir in milk and incorporate. Stir until mixture thickens up (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in shredded cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: For a kick, you can add spices to the flour/butter mixture (e.g., smoked paprika, Cajun spice, etc.).