- 340 g pkg dry penne (gluten-free)
- 1 pkg Grimm’s Mennonite Style Farmer Sausage Ring, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 asparagus stalks, trimmed and sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- zest of 1 large lemon
- zest of 1/2 medium orange
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- juice of 1/2 medium orange
- dash of salt
- In a large skillet, brown Mennonite Style Farmer Sausage slices set aside.
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- In the same large skillet, add 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add carrots, asparagus and shallots, cook until vegetables begin to soften, around 4 minutes.
- Add in fresh orange juice and zucchini, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add in sausage, pasta, and tomatoes to the skillet.
- For the dressing, whisk together orange zest, lemon zest, orange juice, lemon juice, and mascarpone cheese until smooth.
- Pour over the pasta mixture to coat.
- Serve immediately.