- 113 g Grimm’s Medium Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, frozen & grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp whipping cream
Cajun Tomato Jam
- 60 ml bacon fat drippings
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small white onion, sliced thin
- 89 ml white wine
- 454 g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 tbsp Cajun spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 30 ml honey
- 1 Grimm’s Andouille Sausage, cooked
- 2 eggs, poached soft
- 118 ml hollandaise sauce
- 1 Cheddar Biscuit
- 60 ml Cajun Tomato Jam
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- To make egg wash whisk together beaten eggs and whipping cream. Set aside.
- For the biscuits, sift the dry ingredients together. Add grated frozen butter and toss lightly to combine.
- Beat eggs until light, then mix them with the whipping cream or heavy cream. Add this liquid mix to the dry ingredients, mixing as little as possible.
- Pat the dough until it is about 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a biscuit cutter and place on a greased and floured baking pan.
- Brush the tops lightly with the egg wash. Bake at 425ºF for about 14-18 minutes until lightly golden.
Cajun Tomato Jam
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pot, sauté onions and garlic in bacon fat until translucent. Deglaze with white wine and allow to reduce by half.
- Add tomatoes and all other ingredients. Allow to cook until tomatoes are soft and liquid is reduced, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
Cajun Eggs Benny
- In a skillet cook Andouille Sausage on medium heat until cooked through.
- Prepare hollandaise sauce.
- Poach 2 eggs soft.
- Place 1 sausage and eggs on a Cheddar Biscuit, top with hollandaise and 2fl oz. Cajun Tomato Jam.
- Serve with hash browns.