The perfect Family Day Brunch Bowl! Crispy Grimm’s Mennonite Style Farmer Sausage, lots of veggies, and runny golden eggs. This bowl is great for every brunch occasion and even better when cooking it up with the kiddos!
- 1 Grimm’s Mennonite Style Farmer Sausage, cut into rings
- 1 jalapeño, cut into rings
- 1 can of corn niblets, drained from can
- 1 orange pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese
- 2 eggs, poached or fried
- 10 baby potatoes, cut in half
- Chimichurri ( recipe below )
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Neutral flavoured oil as needed ( avocado oil works great )
- Cilantro for garnish ( optional )
- 1 bunch each of fresh cilantro and parsley
- 1-2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 shallot
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2-3 peperoncini
- Olive oil as needed approx 1/2 cup
- Kosher Salt to taste
Finely chop all ingredients, add in vinegar, then the olive oil until it forms a loose mixture. Add salt to taste. Place in a jar. Can be stored in a fridge up to 4 days.
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Toss cut potatoes with enough oil to coat and some salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes on an oven-safe baking sheet. Cook for approximately 35 minutes or until crispy and golden. Flip halfway through
- While the potatoes are cooking, sauté the sausage on medium-high heat with about a tbsp of oil in a pan. Until it starts to become crispy, about 3 minutes, add in the peppers, corn, and jalapeño
- Continue to cook until veggies are cooked through but still have a bite. About 5 more minutes. Set aside once finished.
- As the potatoes are almost done, poach or fry your eggs.
To poach eggs: Use a small pot. Fill with water. Once boiled, add a tbsp of plain vinegar and turn the heat down to a gentle boil. Crack the eggs into the pot and poach for approximately 2.5-3 minutes, depending on the desired doneness. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Build your bowl: Place potatoes on the bottom, add the sausage and veggies on top, finish with your eggs, and sprinkle with the feta cheese. Spoon on some chimichurri and fresh cilantro.
Enjoy with the family!