- 4 Grimm’s Old Fashioned Ham Steak
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cobs corn
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 large avocado, diced
- zest from 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fresh-squeezed orange juice, from about 1/4 orange
- 2 tbsp fresh-squeezed lime juice, from about 1 lime
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chipotle peppers in abodo sauce, pureed
- 1/2 tsp honey
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat your BBQ to medium heat.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a large bowl and mix together well. Add the red and orange pepper, the red onion and the cherry tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Lightly coat the cobs of corn and Grimm’s Old Fashioned Ham Steak in the vegetable oil. Place them both on the BBQ and grill for 10 minutes, turning the sausage rounds once and the corn a few times. Remove them both from the grill.
- Cut Grimm’s Old Fashioned Ham Steak into cubes and add it to the salad bowl.
- Carefully cut the corn kernels off the cob and add them to the salad bowl. Add the avocado and toss to coat everything well.