- Grimm’s Hot Capicolli
- 1 bunch broccolini or broccoli
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 bunch mint
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 box of penne
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 lemon
- To start, trim the ends off the broccoli. Next, use a pairing knife to remove the broccoli florets. Dice the stalks and Capicolli along with the onion and garlic.
- Get a large pot of salted water up to a boil, add your pasta and cook according to package directions.
- To a pan over medium high heat, add a splash of canola oil and roast the broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes, just until they are golden brown, season with salt and pepper, remove and reserve.
- Next, add another small splash of oil and the diced stalks, Cappicoli, onion, and garlic. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 7-8 minutes, until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- When the pasta is cooked, strain it and add it directly to your pan, along with 2 tbsp of the pasta cooking water. Add your roasted florets, along with a splash of good quality olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss a few times to bring the pasta together with the sauce.
- To serve, garnish simply with torn mint and basil, a sprinkle of toasted pine nuts, and a generous pour of olive oil.