In support of Celiac Disease Awareness Month, Jen Shrubsole of naturally.nu created this Gluten Free meal for us. It’s so delicious and delivers all the flavour inspiration of Greece. 🇬🇷
What you’ll need
- 4 Grimm’s Brown Rice Tortillas
- 8 pieces green leaf lettuce
- 8 slices Grimm’s Smoked Turkey Breast
- 8 slices Grimm’s Black Forest Ham
- ½ cup (120 mL) to ¾ cup (180 mL) sprouts
- ½ cup (120 mL) to ¾ cup (180 mL) tzatziki
- 8 mini cucumbers, sliced into quarters
- ⅓ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup (120 mL) to ¾ cup (180 mL) feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup (60 mL) red onion, diced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) kalamata olives, pitted
Homemade Tzatziki (optional):
- ½ large cucumber, peeled and seeds removed
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 grams) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat tortilla over medium-high heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until foldable.
- Using a knife, slice from the middle and to the bottom of the wrap. Quadrant 1 will be the bottom left quadrant, to the left of the cut.
- Place lettuce, turkey breast, ham and sprouts in quadrants 1 and 3.
- Spread 1 tbsp (15 mL) tzatziki onto the tortilla in quadrants 2 and 4.
- Add mini cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese, red onion and olives to the tzatziki sauce.
- Starting with quadrant 1, fold the tortilla in a clockwise direction.
- Grate cucumber into a medium bowl. Add salt and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Using cheesecloth or a towel, squeeze excess water out of the cucumber.
- In a medium bowl, combine cucumber, garlic, olive oil, Greek yogurt, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.