- 1 pkg Grimm’s Kolbassa Sausage Ring, chopped
- 1 litre reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 medium-sized beets, peeled and grated
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, cored and grated
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 sprigs of fresh dill
- 2 sprigs of fresh parsley
- sour cream for garnish (optional)
- In a stock pot, add chicken broth and chopped Kolbassa sausage and let flavours build on low medium heat.
- In a large skillet, add 2 tbsp of olive oil, sugar and vinegar. Add grated beets and let cook for ten minutes on medium low heat. Once the beets start to soften, remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add more olive oil (if necessary) and sauté onions until translucent, then add the shredded carrot and cook until softened, set aside.
- Add potatoes and 2 cups water to the stock pot and cook until potatoes are slightly tender (about 8 minutes).
- Add all of the remaining ingredients (except for sour cream and parsley) to the pot, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with sour cream and a sprig of dill or parsley (optional)
Serve with honey mustard, horseradish dip or any other sauce of your choosing.