- 1/4 Grimm’s Kolbassa Sausage Ring sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 leek, diced (green & white part only)
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch kale stems (removed leaves), roughly chopped
- 10-12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans white navy bean (or cannellini)
- pepper to taste
- Place a large pot on medium heat and heat olive oil.
- Place sliced Kolbassa sausage into pan and brown (about 5-7 minutes), set aside on a plate.
- Add garlic and leek to the pot, cook until garlic is golden.
- Add in 4 cups chicken broth, bay leaf, grape tomatoes, and chopped kale, bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cover (about 5 minutes).
- Take one can of beans and puree with remaining 1 cup broth.
- Once kale is tender, add bean puree and remaining whole beans to the pot.
- Stir and simmer for a few minutes, add pepper to taste.
- Remove bay leaf, serve in bowls and garnish with freshly grated parmesan.