This recipe is a true Canadian feast. Featuring a maple glazed sweet potato, our Double Smoked Side Bacon, and cheese curds on top of our naturally smoked Sizzlin’ Wiener.
- 1 pkg of Grimm’s Sizzlin’ Wieners (8 pieces)
- 8 slices Grimm’s Double Smoked Side Bacon
- 8 whole-grain hot dog buns
- 1 large sweet potato (or 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- coarse sea salt (to taste)
- freshly cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- cheese curds
- honey mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash sweet potatoes and dice into 1/2 inch size cubes. You can leave the peel on, or peel your potatoes if you prefer.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato cubes with olive oil and smoked paprika until evenly coated. Spread the sweet potatoes on the lined baking sheet, so they are not touching.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for approximately 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so, until done. They should be crispy on the outside, but soft on the inside.
- While the sweet potatoes are in the oven, fry the Double Smoked Side Bacon in a pan and grill the wieners.
- After pulling the sweet potatoes from the oven, glaze with maple syrup, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the wieners with roasted sweet potatoes, bacon, cheese curds, and garnish with kale. Serve with drizzled honey mustard on top.