Executive Chef Josh Gale is back with his second #OwnTheGrill recipe featuring our Cheddar with Bacon Sizzlin’ Smokie and homemade hummus.
- 2 cups of canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp of water
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup mixed olives, chopped
- 2 tsp olive brine
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Grimm’s Sizzlin’ Cheddar with Bacon Smokies
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- picked herbs, chives, mint, flowering thyme
- For the hummus, add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- For the tapenade, finely chop the olives and mix with olive oil and olive brine.
- For the skewers, chop Grimm’s Sizzlin’ Cheddar Bacon Smokies into cubes, slide cubed Smokies onto skewers, alternating with cherry tomatoes. Brush with olive oil and grill over high heat for 2-3 minutes per side.
- To assemble, spread hummus on a plate and place the grilled skewers on top. Spoon the olive tapenade over the skewers and finish with fresh herbs.