Our Sizzlin’ Original Smokie, with Greek salad on pita bread, is a refreshing meal that is perfect on a hot summer day.
- 1 pkg Grimm’s Sizzlin’ Original Smokies (6 links)
- 1/2 heaping cup Grimm’s Feta Cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup brine-cured pitted black olives, sliced
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh parsley or dill garnish, chopped
- 6 pita bread
- Combine the feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, bell peppers, and olives in a bowl. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, then toss together with the salad.
- Grill the smokies on a BBQ or grill pan.
- Place the grilled smokies on the pitas, then add the Greek salad. Garnish with fresh parsley or dill, fold the pita together slightly and enjoy!