- Grimm’s Hot Capicolli
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 purple cauliflower
- 1 white cauliflower
- 1 Romanesco broccoli or green cauliflower
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1 lemon
- Start by making the pesto. To a blender, add 3/4 cups each mint and basil leaves, 1/2 clove garlic, and most of a 1/2 cup of shelled pistachios. Slowly add the olive oil while blending on high speed and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut the cauliflowers into florets, drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt, place into a preheated oven at 475°F for 10-12 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- To make the polenta, start by thinly dicing the Capicolli. Add a splash of olive oil to a pot over medium high heat and cook the Capicolli until crispy, reserve. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil, slowly whisk in 1/4 cup of cornmeal and the oil from the Capicolli, cook for 10 minutes at a simmer until tender, season with salt and pepper.
- To finish, spoon the polenta onto the plate. Toss the cauliflower with the crispy Capicolli, a splash of lemon juice and olive oil, and spoon over the polenta. Add a few dollops of the pesto, some crushed pistachios, and cover the dish in fresh mint and basil leaves.