September brings busy households and little time for food prep so we’ve pulled together 3 delicious, easy, and quick recipes to help you prepare snacks the whole family will enjoy. Change things up by using different flavours of our Pepperoni Bites available in Original, Hot, Honey & Garlic, and Turkey.
1. Taco Pepperoni Lettuce Wraps
Grimm’s pepperoni adds that extra kick of flavour to these taco lettuce wraps. Want more good news? These taco pepperoni lettuce wraps are ready to eat in about twenty minutes. Prep the turkey and pepperoni mixture on the weekend to save time for the busy week ahead.
- 5 – 7 min Preparation Time
- 15 min Cook Time
- 8 Servings
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 8 Grimm’s Pepperoni Bites, thinly sliced (we suggest the Turkey Pepperoni Bites)
- 1-½ tablespoons taco seasoning
- 16 leaves green leaf lettuce or butter lettuce
- 16 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Pour avocado oil into a medium frying pan. Add ground turkey and combine.
- Over medium heat, cook turkey for about 15 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add Grimm’s Pepperoni Bites to turkey. Stir to combine.
- Stir in taco seasoning to the turkey-pepperoni mixture.
- Pull two lettuce leaves from the bunch of lettuce. Spoon ~ ¼ cup of the turkey-pepperoni mixture into the lettuce leaves.
- Top with cherry tomato slices and serve warm.
2. Pepperoni Grilled Cheese Bites
Grilled cheese is popular with kids of all ages. Elevate this classic sandwich with the addition of Grimm’s Pepperoni Bites. Slice into 1-inch squares for a quick after school snack.
- 5 min Preparation Time
- 6-8 min Cook Time
- 2 Servings
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 pieces whole grain bread (or gluten-free option)
- 2 ounces aged cheddar, sliced
- 1 Grimm’s original Pepperoni Bite, sliced
- 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Face buttered side of bread down on the frying pan.
- Place sliced cheese on the unbuttered side of bread.
- Top cheese with Grimm’s Pepperoni Bite and tomato.
- Place the other slice of bread on top of pepperoni and tomato with the buttered side facing up.
- Pan fry for about 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip grilled cheese using a spatula and fry for another 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice into 1-inch squares and serve warm.
3. Grab-And-Go Pepperoni Platter
This is a quick and easy snack platter for the busy parent with hungry kids, hockey Saturdays, or as an appetizer for dinner parties.
- 10 min Preparation Time
- 0 min Cook Time
- 10-12 Servings
- 1 package lean turkey pepperoni bites
- 1 package Pepperoni Bites (we suggest Honey & Garlic)
- 14 ounces (3-½ cups) cheddar cheese, cubed
- 2 pound package cherry tomatoes
Arrange pepperoni bites, cheese and tomatoes on a large plate or platter as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.