Executive Chef Josh Gale (thechefoutwest) returns for National Caesar Day! For a killer brunch combo, Josh pairs this Cajun Caesar made with our Double Smoked Side Bacon and Pepperoni, with this Breakfast Croissant made with our Ham Steak.
- 1 Grimm’s Ham Steak (Old Fashioned or Honey)
- 2 croissants
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts, almonds or cashews, peeled
- 2 slices havarti cheese
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 slices Grimm’s Double Smoked Side Bacon
- 2 pieces Grimm’s Original Pepperoni
- 4 cups Caesar Mix
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 tbsp Cajun spice
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 2 lemon wedges
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 olives
- 2 pickled or raw carrot wedges
- *optional 2 oz spirits (vodka or gin)
- To start, preheat a BBQ or a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Cut the ham steak in half and grill for 4 minutes per side
- Place basil, olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese, and nuts into a blender and blend on high until all ingredients are incorporated evenly.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, and melt 1 tsp of butter. Crack both eggs into the pan and lower the temperature to medium-low heat. Cook eggs for about 4 minutes, until the whites are set.
- To assemble, slice the croissants in half and spoon in the pesto, add the havarti cheese and place the grilled ham steak on top, so it starts to melt just slightly. Top the ham steak with the fried egg and serve!
- Start by cooking the double smoked side bacon, by placing slices on a parchment lined baking sheet and baking in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- To build the Caesars, wet the rim of each glass, then dip it into the Cajun spice to coat.
- Finally, add the ice, Caesar mix, hot sauce, and optional spirits. Add the garnishes, using a toothpick for the olive and carrot, then add the pepperoni, celery stalk, and the crispy bacon.