- 4 Grimm’s Chorizo Sausage, casings removed and meat crumbled
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 cups spinach, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 tsp grainy dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- day-old ciabatta baguette, cut into 1 inch cubes, about 4 cups.
- butter, for pan
- Grease a large baking dish (9×12 inches) with butter.
- Place crumbled sausage pieces in a large frying pan and cook over medium heat until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Once cooked, remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate. Drain all but 1 tbsp of fat from pan.
- In the same pan, cook onion until soft and golden brown, about 6 minutes. Add spinach and cook until it wilts about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with milk, dijon, salt and pepper. Mix in cheeses, bread, cooked sausage, and spinach mixture. Pour into buttered pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- When ready to bake your savoury bread pudding remove from fridge and preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 1 hour until cooked thoroughly, let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cut or scoop out individual servings and enjoy!
Tastes even better the second day!