Sweetsugarbean returns with these Tiki Time European Wieners, barbecued, bacon-wrapped and topped with pineapple and sweet red onion.
- 1 pkg Grimm’s European Wieners
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 pineapple
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 6 hot dog buns
- Preheat the grill to medium low.
- Wrap the bacon around the Grimm’s European Wieners and secure the bacon to the wiener with a toothpick. Be sure to push the toothpick in all the way so it doesn’t burn.
- Brush the pineapple half with the canola oil.
- Place the wieners and the pineapple on the grill and cook until the bacon is crisp and the pineapple has some charred bits. This takes about 8-10 minutes.
- Dice the grilled pineapple and carefully remove the toothpicks from the European Wieners before serving. Load up the hot dog buns with the European Wieners, grilled pineapple, and diced red onion. Serve immediately.